Southern Living Idea House - Tucker Bayou
Located in the Gulf-coast community of WaterSound, this 3,544-square-foot cottage utilizes modular construction with 80% of the structure complete upon arrival. A courtyard and covered walk link the garage and home, and eight-foot-deep porches embrace views to the forest landscape and golf course. The kitchen opens onto dining and living areas anchoring the heart of the home. A family entrance features a workroom with clever storage, an island for dropping off groceries, and a pet-feeding center.Additional Information
LOCATION: WaterSound, Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
CLIENT: Southern Living, Inc.
SIZE: 3,544 square feet
LRK SERVICES: architecture and interiors
Builder’s Choice National Design and Planning Awards
- Grand Award
The Nationals Awards
- Silver Award – Best One-of-a-Kind Home
Best in American Living National Design Competition
- Home of the Year
- Platinum Award / Best One-of-a-Kind Spec Home up to 4,000 sq. ft.
- Regional Award / South Atlantic Region
- Grand Award
- Detached Single Family Home $1,000,001 - $1,500,000
Residential Design & Build Magazine’s Excellence Awards
- Best Custom Home 3,000 – 4,000 sq. ft.
Builder Watermark Awards
- Grand Award / Kitchen in a Single-Family Detached Production Home over 3,000 sq. ft.
ASID Tennessee Chapter
- Architectural Residential Design Gold Award
Residential Design & Build
Old House Journal’s New Old House
Prefabulous + Sustainable