After more than 50 years of abandonment and appearing on lists of Tennessee’s most endangered buildings, the renovation of the historic Tennessee Brewery building (c. 1890) and construction of the new adjacent Wash House and Bottle Shop apartments is now complete. The Romanesque Revival architecture of the brewery was artfully renovated to both preserve historic character and embrace new industrial insertions. Immediately adjacent, a new traditionally designed structure deferentially supports the landmarks status of the brewery, while a contemporary form was employed across the street. This mixed-use community has been transformed into 148 residential units, 16,000 square feet of commercial and office space, and a parking garage. The renovation of the Tennessee Brewery furthers the rejuvenation of Memphis’ South End neighborhood.